Welcome from Feralpunk

Well, I've been going through all my old tapes and records, and slowly digitizing all the stuff that's either a bootleg of a gig, an old demo or just no longer available. I was occasionally sharing it in other forums and blogs but, largely inspired by the most excellent New Improved Live And Otherwise blog thought I would start my own up as a central place to share by obscurities with the world.
The name of the blog is the name of the metal/punk/industrial night I used to run at the Egypt Cottage in Newcastle, resurrected here for old time's sake.
Feel free to repost anything you find or to ask for a re-up if the link has gone dead.
Also feel free to leave any comments you may have about the music or the blog.
Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Alaska (Featuring Bernie Marsden) - Knebworth Park 22/6/85





The opening band for Deep Purple's "Return To The Knebworth Fayre" festival in 1985. I'll be upping the whole lot over the next few days. This was a Friday Rock Show 'special', broadcast live from the festival on the day as I remember. One of my best mates went on the coach trip down and I was very jealous sitting at home listening to it.

Alaska was one of former Whitesnake guitarist, Bernie Marsden's many other projects, here featuring Don Airey on keys who, of course, now plays for Purple since Jon Lord's retirement.

1. A Woman Like You
2. Schoolgirls
3. I Really Want To Know
4. Help Yourself

http://rapidshare.com/files/394440497/Alaska_-_Knebworth_Fayre_22-6-85.rar.html

No comments:

Post a Comment