Welcome from Feralpunk

Well, I've been going through all my old tapes and records, and slowly digitizing all the stuff that's either a bootleg of a gig, an old demo or just no longer available. I was occasionally sharing it in other forums and blogs but, largely inspired by the most excellent New Improved Live And Otherwise blog thought I would start my own up as a central place to share by obscurities with the world.
The name of the blog is the name of the metal/punk/industrial night I used to run at the Egypt Cottage in Newcastle, resurrected here for old time's sake.
Feel free to repost anything you find or to ask for a re-up if the link has gone dead.
Also feel free to leave any comments you may have about the music or the blog.
Enjoy!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Spellbound - Breaking The Spell and Rockin' Reckless

Two forgotten gems for you here. Sweden's Spellbound could've been massive, Kerrang! deemed them "without a doubt, the best metal band Scandinavia have EVER produced" when reviewing their debut, Breaking The Spell, and despite the terrible band image (this was the mid eighties) they were absolutely splendid. I picked my copy up at the legendary Pink Panther records in Workington and played it to death.
The band broke up after the release of their second album Rockin' Reckless, partly, I think to a lack of interest from the press but also I do seem to remember something about the drummer having to go to jail for two years rather than do his national service.
Ah well, here they both are.


http://rapidshare.com/files/354681960/Spellbound_-_Breaking_The_Spell.rar.html




http://rapidshare.com/files/354685904/Spellbound_-_Rockin__Reckless.rar.html






No comments:

Post a Comment