Welcome from Feralpunk

Well, I've been going through all my old tapes and records, and slowly digitizing all the stuff that's either a bootleg of a gig, an old demo or just no longer available. I was occasionally sharing it in other forums and blogs but, largely inspired by the most excellent New Improved Live And Otherwise blog thought I would start my own up as a central place to share by obscurities with the world.
The name of the blog is the name of the metal/punk/industrial night I used to run at the Egypt Cottage in Newcastle, resurrected here for old time's sake.
Feel free to repost anything you find or to ask for a re-up if the link has gone dead.
Also feel free to leave any comments you may have about the music or the blog.
Enjoy!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Michael Monroe - Newcastle Mayfair 18/2/90



A good quality audience recording.
I was down the front for all of this gig, the last in a fantastic weekend that had involved Michael in Manchester on the Friday followed by the Quireboys in Manchester on the Saturday followed by a drive up to Newcastle for this one. Great stuff.

http://rapidshare.com/files/342400010/Michael_Monroe_-_Newcastle_Mayfair_18-2-90.rar

4 comments:

  1. Funnily enough, i too saw him on that tour, but at the QMU in Glasgow. A great gig with some death defying PA clambering exploits from Monroe. He made me really nervous, i was sure he would plummet to his death!
    I believe it was also the first time i tasted Buckfast, the venue had it on tap!
    Thanx for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nay Bother! Michael has just announce his new band, featuring Sami Yaffa from Hanoi Rocks and also the inimitable Ginger. Should be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the new band @ SXSW...and it was amazing. Cheetah Chrome even hopped up to do a Dead Boys cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following their progress, seems they've been great! Looking forward to Sami and Steve with the New York Dolls next week!

    ReplyDelete