Welcome from Feralpunk

Well, I've been going through all my old tapes and records, and slowly digitizing all the stuff that's either a bootleg of a gig, an old demo or just no longer available. I was occasionally sharing it in other forums and blogs but, largely inspired by the most excellent New Improved Live And Otherwise blog thought I would start my own up as a central place to share by obscurities with the world.
The name of the blog is the name of the metal/punk/industrial night I used to run at the Egypt Cottage in Newcastle, resurrected here for old time's sake.
Feel free to repost anything you find or to ask for a re-up if the link has gone dead.
Also feel free to leave any comments you may have about the music or the blog.
Enjoy!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

New Model Army - Demos For Thunder And Consolation


Apologies for the odd crackle and pop in this, it's an old record that's been well played.
This is a great little bootleg with alternate mixes, unreleased tracks and even a cracking live version of Vengeance to finish it off. I've got more NMA and related stuff than anything else I think so if you like them keep watching this space.

1. Green And Grey
2. Ballad 2 (Unreleased)
3. Family
4. The World
5. Boogie Oogie Woogie (125mph)
6. Deadeye (Unreleased, I think, although I may have seen em do it live.)
7. Higher Wall
8. The Giants (Archway Towers, instrumental version)
9. Stupid Questions
10. Family Life
11. Vengeance (Live, Nottingham Rock City, 28/2/89)

http://rapidshare.com/files/352044311/New_Model_Army_-_Thunder_And_Consolation_Demos.rar

2 comments:

  1. Many thanks for this. Deadeye was the b-side of Vagabonds (March 1989)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yeah, of copurse it was, I was racking my brains. I've got the 7 of Vagabonds but haven't taken it out of the singles box for years. One of the songs to be played at my funeral.

    ReplyDelete